1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Update 2014 Year in Review...

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Wow, it may not seem like it but it has just been over a full year since we opened up the public beta of Free Rider HD (December 13, 2013) and then officially announced January 15th 2014, what a wild ride it has been! We released track editor, campaigns, friends, leaderboards, the shop, featured tracks, released the game to Facebook and much more!

Since launch over 3 million players have enjoyed Free Rider HD (or hated it), yes you heard that correct over 3 million! And our daily actives are still growing week over week! We would like to think that it is due to the cutting edge development used that allows the game to be played on essentially any device with a web browser and the fact that the game continues to get kudos from engineers at companies like Facebook, Google and Twitter. One thing we do know is that a major reason Free Rider HD is seeing the success it is right now is because of the community that surrounds itself around the game, you reading this right now have played a major role in Free Rider HDs success!

All that being said, we know we are no where near done or close to our goal. By this time next year we want to see Free Rider HD reach +10 million players and we are committed to making that happen.

What to expect next year?

- developers that continue to listen to players that are active in the community!
    - Free Rider will make it's way to popular phone and tablet app stores
    - focus on improving the track creating experience (online track saving / WIP sharing, some new powerups)
    - Shop Additions
    - Friend + Global PvP racing
    - perhaps some new vehicles?

In closing, thanks to all of you who have helped make FRHD a success in 2014 and here is to a successful 2015. From all of us on the Free Rider HD Team have a happy holidays and New Years!

The office will be pretty quiet from now until the New Year, so if you have any issues and aren't getting an immediate response that is why! Hang tight and when we get back after the holidays we will get to it.

2. RiderExtreme2

RiderExtreme2 Well-Known Member Official Author

Cheers! Happy Holidays!

3. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Well-Known Member Official Author

Wow, congratulations to you guys. I hope to be able to keep playing! Thanks for making this possible. Thanks for everything! Quick question, if you buy a package that includes FRHD pro, do you get access to beta features for the amount of time that you paid for? Congrats again!

Todredrob, RiderExtreme2 and pssst like this.
  4. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    You know, at first I thought there was no way I was ever going to join this site (canvas rider reasons), but you guys have made it worth it. When I signed up for FRHD the only reason I really came here was because I thought that there was a nice future ahead of this site because there was an active developer team behind it, but the community wasn't all that great and there weren't really any good track makers. Looking at it now this site has a really nice community with a lot of helpfull members, as well as some nice new tracks comming out a lot more often.
    Great job guys, happy hollidays !

Minus, ookami_san, Coffee and 7 others like this.
  5. Eric

Yes that is correct. Likely what we will tackle first are some perk features for FRHD plus that would be difficult to do for everyone (because it would be challenging to scale) like highlighting tracks you have played / beaten before in the listing, increased character limit in comments, etc...

Right now the major perk for the Pro is removal of ads and letting us know that you are on board with it so that we can go off and build out those perks...

pssst and Cryogenic like this.
  6. Cryogenic

I would really love to have the Pro features, but I would have to use my parents credit card. They would think I am crazy if I was spending money on games, because normally I don't. If I ever get my own paypal account or credit card I would defiantly get the Pro features.

I also think that you should make the beta access become a full time thing, like if you buy the $10 deal you would get beta access forever. Mainly because you could miss things you didn't want to miss, but then again, that would ruin the whole point of buying it over and over again. I don't know. I wish I could buy a pro pack, but I just can't. So sorry, just know that if there is any other way that I can support this game I will do it, and that I would support this game if I had my own credit card or paypal account.

7. Eric

Understandable, and we definitely want to make it accessible to players in your situation. Something for us to think about in 2015 as we develop the Pro membership.

Totoca12, TiMartin1069 and pssst like this.
  8. Cryogenic

I have some ideas. I'll PM you later.

Totoca12 and RiderExtreme2 like this.
  9. pssst

pssst Forum Legend Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I've been a member since the 1st day of the forum, and it's been a great year and I hope for many more to come. :)

10. RiderExtreme2

RiderExtreme2 Well-Known Member Official Author

Eric it is the same deal with me. If you ever get this game on the Apple App Store we could use iTunes gift cards to buy
    Pro.

Skeeny, Totoca12 and TiMartin1069 like this.
  11. codrey

codrey Guest

Im glad u had such faith in us! :p :rofl:

12. Skeeny

Skeeny Well-Known Member Official Author

Also put free rider on the android store. Also, make a free rider community app! PLEASEEEEE????? :)

RiderExtreme2 likes this.
  13. Hashplant

Hashplant Active Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Nice work guys, happy holidays !

14. codrey

codrey Guest

NO NO NO NO PLEASE NO!!!! DONT ADD IN ANY MORE VEHICLES! PLEEEEAAASSSE!!!!

Skeeny likes this.
  15. Coolman2

Coolman2 Well-Known Member Official Author

Good speech.

Skrampt likes this.
  16. Skeeny

Wait why? :O

17. Elibloodthirst

Elibloodthirst You're about to miss EVERYTHING VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Only vehicle we need #bringbackblob2015

Minus, Velksy, armator and 2 others like this.
  18. Skeeny

That thing was awesome. What version was that in? I know I haven't gone to bed but I can't sleep because of thunder

19. Elibloodthirst

Elibloodthirst You're about to miss EVERYTHING VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    FreeRider 2...

Skeeny likes this.
  20. Skeeny

Thanks Eli!!