1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Birthday to the forums

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Char, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Char

Char Free Rider HD Developer Official Author

I just got a trophy for a year of being on the forums. So it has been online for a year! Woo. Although Free Rider HD has not been released for a year. I thought that was kind of cool
    Also we passed 2000 forum members.
    For that. Celebrate!
    Disco Rider

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is not going in the game :p , I am just developing tonight, and messing around with some things.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  2. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Well-Known Member Official Author

Do we get to play like this in the game? speedy__XD this is what I was talking about.

Happy Birthday Forums!

speedy__XD likes this.
  3. Char

haha No... no you don't. Maybe in the future.

Easter Egg? :p

pylondude and Cryogenic like this.
  4. Cryogenic

Yeah! You should totally do that! :D

5. speedy__XD

speedy__XD Well-Known Member Official Author

Awesome! I wonder how far behind I am on that trophy :p I must be getting somewhat close. Awesome disco party you got going there ;) Wouldn't want it in the game particularly but it is awesome to watch :D

Skeeny, Char and Cryogenic like this.
  6. Char

haha yeah, I wasn't planning on it :)

Cryogenic likes this.
  7. speedy__XD

You could make it like the scream only more rare :D There is a x amount of chance that you could get it when you spawn your rider. Then when you die thats it :p THAT would be pretty cool!!!!! ;)

Char likes this.
  8. speedy__XD

Just make sure that you make the x amount pretty high if you do it so that way it stays cool :p Then if you REALLLYYY wanted to, you could make a lifetime achievement off of it :p like say getting it x amount of times or even getting on a top 10 leaderboard while playing as it ;) Just an idea though ;)

Cryogenic and Char like this.
  9. Cryogenic

Sound kinda good.

This is off-topic but crazy! I went to newest and saw a track that looked like a spam track, so for some reason I clicked on it. Anyway, go check it out because your rider dies, but STILL finishes the track!!!! Char how is this possible??? Here's the link http://www.freeriderhd.com/t/66063-just-another-auto-fixed-x4

speedy__XD likes this.
  10. Char

haha yeah, I doubt it will happen. Given the massive list of things to do.
    That disco thing was created because Iv been redoing the editor in my spare time ( night time ). And I was using it to debug.
    The new editor is looking so good. Custom hotkeys, variable zooming. The power ups will be much crisper too.

Ah, I have only ever seen this happen once. Looks like some initialization error. Will fix tomorrow .

darksmoke11, speedy__XD and Cryogenic like this.
  11. speedy__XD

Awesome!! :) Can't wait to see!

Looks to me like once you respawn at the checkpoint it for some reason leaves the rider glitched there but spawns your bike back and thinks you have your rider so you can control it. Which is probably what you just said, but since I am not sure what exactly an initialization error could be, I have no idea :p

Cryogenic likes this.
  12. Char

Yeah. Its basically the checkpoint gets copied mid death. Its the way I coded it, Its not quite right. I have to to rework some parts.

Cryogenic and speedy__XD like this.
  13. speedy__XD

Well you are pretty awesome for being able to do that, thank you sir for all of the work you do for this game :thumbsup:

Cryogenic likes this.
  14. Char

Thanks haha. My pleasure!

speedy__XD and Cryogenic like this.
  15. Cryogenic

I think I know what's going on with the track. I recreated it in like a minute. The first time you die, you can't collect stars, but if you press enter then you are still "alive". Here is the code.
    -18 1i 18 1i,d -a q -a,-e -f -7 -e,-2h 21 -4b 2g -5g 2l,-44 1l -5i 2c,-31 2v -3p 31 -4p 31##C q 12,B n 14 -2c,B -3j 3a 8a,B -l 31 2q,T -6c 64

speedy__XD likes this.
  16. speedy__XD

Nice! In this one you can't control the bike though, I could have sworn I was controlling it in the auto but I could be wrong..

Cryogenic likes this.
  17. Cryogenic

I tried, in the auto you can't control it either.

speedy__XD likes this.
  18. speedy__XD

Got it, I thought you could which would explain the different times but :p

Cryogenic likes this.
  19. Cryogenic

No, because it is the amount of time it takes for you to press enter again, to re-spawn your zombie rider. That's what we should call this glitch, Zombie Rider

speedy__XD likes this.
  20. speedy__XD

I feel so stupid now :p
    and yes, yes we should :)

Cryogenic likes this.