1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

New Feature New Truck vehicle power-up!

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Brett, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Brett

Brett Free Rider HD Developer Official Author

I am looking into this.

Whisk and Resurrect like this.
  2. Resurrect

Resurrect Well-Known Member Official Author

also, it is slightly glitchy when you press z

3. GoodraFRHD

GoodraFRHD Well-Known Member

No it’s not, I believe the trucks camera point is not at the center of the car so when you press z it moves the camera

NicolasColtonBirdie likes this.
  4. Brett

Yes, the camera focal point is where the head is in the cab of the truck.

5. Resurrect

could you change that so it doesn't look so glitchy or would it mess something else up

6. Brett

I can add that to the list. It shouldn't break anything, the only concern is that it might break exisiting ghosts. I'm updating the transparency now, and will see if it is safe to change the focal points on vehicle direction change :)

Whisk likes this.
  7. cctvcctvcctv

cctvcctvcctv Well-Known Member

upload_2018-4-9_22-50-10.png

upload_2018-4-9_22-51-33.png

upload_2018-4-9_22-54-53.png

I'm just loving the glitches you can perform with this vehicle at the moment. I'm squishing it all over the place with lines and boosts, as it doesn't explode or anything when in contact.

pylondude likes this.
  8. Resurrect

ok, that would be great! also, there aren't enough existing ghosts that it would matter to change it now, so it is better in the future

9. cctvcctvcctv

Brett I would like it if there were sounds for the truck, like the heli powerup

10. Pie42

Pie42 Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
  11. cctvcctvcctv

12. Pie42

Awarded Medals
    Thanks. The glitch was mainly the fact that it still says "press enter to restart" and the timer doesn't count down. It's sort of like with the helicopter glitches, only you can restart infinitely, and it happens the attempt after the glitch happens.

13. cctvcctvcctv

Brett if you collect a checkpoint during truckmode, and then run out of time while in a tight space or some place where you will immediately die once the powerup runs out, then when you press enter for the checkpoint, the timer remains frozen, and you cannot collect the star(s), much like when you combine a bomb and heli together.

14. Pie42

Awarded Medals
    I think that that's basically how the glitch works.

15. cctvcctvcctv

It happened while I was playing spruce's track

16. GoodraFRHD

GoodraFRHD Well-Known Member

It’s exactly like the heli bomb glitch, you are both dead and alive at the same time like Schrödinger’s cat. The game is just confused of what should happen

17. cctvcctvcctv

Yes, but it shouldn't happen here. Doing the exact same thing with the heli doesn't start the glitch

18. Brett

We are still looking for sounds for the truck and the blob. Currently we haven't found any that would work nicely. If anyone would like to help and get some sounds for the truck, we can make a new thread or conversation and discuss possibilities.

Truck sounds:
    - Idle ( optional - would be good to have though )
    - accelerating (we would alter how loud it is as the truck speeds up)

Blob sounds:
    - movement
    - shrink

Let me know if anyone has any ideas! :)

Whisk and pylondude like this.
  19. Brett

The opacity of ghosts has been fixed, aswell as adjusting the camera's focal point when the direction is switched. Test it out and let me know if the old camera focal point mechanics is preferred! :cool:

pylondude and cctvcctvcctv like this.
  20. cctvcctvcctv

I have no clue what to have for blob, but for truck maybe you could have sounds from an old diesel-run car. Something like this might work (ignore the start)