1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Update New Action Campaign + Campaign UI

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Hey all,

We pushed out a new Action Campaign that has 10 tracks. We have a Mountain Campaign tested and others currently being tested. We will give the Action Campaign a day or so to collect feedback before pushing out new campaigns.

But we should be able to get: Mountains, Fantasy, Spooky, City and Dirt Jumping out relatively quick now, so thank you for your patience! We would love to hear your feedback on the tracks chosen and the progression. Now that we have "Skip Track" in place we can mix in easy/intermediate/hard tracks throughout not following a easy => difficult progression.

We update Campaign Track Complete Screens and Right Sidebar info to make the progression as clear as possible. Let us know your thoughts if you have any!

speedy__XD, Skeeny, Max007x and 6 others like this.
  2. Pancakes345

Pancakes345 Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I'm still excited to see if my trials got in. Thanks!

Jespahy and Cryogenic like this.
  3. Elibloodthirst

Elibloodthirst You're about to miss EVERYTHING VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Excited to see other campaigns.

Cryogenic and Eric like this.
  4. FREEZ

FREEZ Well-Known Member Official Author

YAY WAR #3 got in!!!! :D:D:D:D

Jespahy and codrey like this.
  5. weem

weem FREE RIDER LEGEND Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Honestly didn't like this one too much. There's a lot of poorly made tracks with pretty mediocre detail. If not much people entered tracks for this campaign I understand but there wasn't a variety of tracks in here, it was mostly just escape tracks and didn't give an action feeling to it. The only one I really liked was 2012, which came out 3-4 years ago. And War #3 was pretty good too.
    Hope to see something better in other campaigns. I also like the bar on the bottom which shows your the tracks and what medal you got on them.

Jespahy, FOIL, codrey and 4 others like this.
  6. Aspirit

Aspirit Well-Known Member Official Author

lul skip 4, skip 7.
    By the way isn't "Cops" copied?

I guess I misunderstood "Action tracks" felt like it was more escaping (like WM said)
    But fun nonetheless

7. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Thanks for the feedback. Majority of submissions for action were cop chases / military type tracks. Glad it was still fun :)

The mix of tracks felt like a good balance and each present there own tricks / difficulties to get through. If good action candidates come through we can add a couple to the existing campaign.

8. LukeSpecogna

LukeSpecogna Well-Known Member Official Author

Eric Char . What is the leaderboard on the side of the forum page?

9. LucJohnson

LucJohnson Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
  10. LucJohnson

LucJohnson Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Apart from that their were some tracks that weren't campaign material....

11. Max007x

Max007x Forum Moderator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Yeah I agree I really disliked most of these and I thought that really only a few were decent. I think that kinda sucks for the 'official campaign' of Free Rider HD. I don't think that you would remove some of these tracks from the campaign and replace them with better once in the future right?

LukeSpecogna and Cryogenic like this.
  12. LukeSpecogna

LukeSpecogna Well-Known Member Official Author

Agree

13. FREEZ

JacobCahoon write an artilce on this as soon as possible.

EDit: I think I will release an updated version of War 3. make it less frustrating. add more detail, that sorta thing. The tracks that i thought SHOULD NOT BE IN THIS CAMPAGIN were:
    Forbiden cave. sorry speedy, but this doesnt feel like action that mutch. just a difficult gave run
    Clone wars. As a person who was once a HUGE fan of The Clone Wars, I can testify that allot of the vehicles were missporportioned. also, you had to get the rider JUST RIGHT to even complete it.

and...

maybe even War #3! the reason I say this is that it doesnt really fit. All the others are tracks that have a difficult ride and are detailed with cops, explosions and other of the like. The track in War3 is built around the detail, not the other way around. And, you have to get the ride just right. (thats why I may release a different version)

Im not sayin take these tracks away immediately. just that if better tracks arive, or if they get updated (like with war) do those instead.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    Jespahy likes this.
  14. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Well-Known Member Official Author

I'm going on a 3 day trip. I'm going to miss this issue. Maple said that he's looking for the interview. Sorry. We live in Europe, but we are moving to the U.S. im December, so every weekend we are going on a trip.

FREEZ and Max007x like this.
  15. FREEZ

WOOT WOOT. what state may I ask.

And okay. Ill write the issue and do the awards. Just get me (or sono) the best ghosts

Cryogenic likes this.
  16. Cryogenic

There has only been one entry xD.

FREEZ likes this.
  17. FREEZ

oh. well PM it to me anyways :D

Cryogenic likes this.
  18. Cryogenic

Ok, I can't get to it on a phone, but we can feature it in the issue after this one. In the ghost section, just say that we will feature it in the next issue. We need to think of a prize of they win, you know, like a mention until the next issue. I don't know.

FREEZ likes this.
  19. Michael_12_29

Michael_12_29 Active Member

JacobCahoon FREEZ I'm going to make a track right now can you play it when im done?

⬛️

20. Elibloodthirst

Elibloodthirst You're about to miss EVERYTHING VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Clone wars is better than War3
    Isn't 2012 from 2009?