1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Update Development Update

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Char, Jul 31, 2017.

1. darksmoke11

darksmoke11 Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    That can be solved by people making tracks without checkpoints or fewer

Calculus, CityShep, zeke15 and 3 others like this.
  2. Ultraviolet

Ultraviolet Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Good idea.
    And what about those non-spacebar tube track makers who put a checkpoint every 10 milliseconds? ;)

zeke15 likes this.
  3. Ultraviolet

Awarded Medals
    I still object to the idea of the old checkpoint system. Simply because there is no way to measure endurance unless the track has less checkpoints. Using the old checkpoint system means that players can get lucky and reach the next checkpoint without having to worry about messing up because all the data of the ghost (from the last checkpoint) would be deleted. Then you don't need to be consistent anymore

I know I am outvoted here but here is my personal solution. I would be add two leaderboards as explained before.
    I know one of reasons why people want the old checkpoint is so that ghosts won't brake as often. I think I've found a way to keep the current ghosts while adding the new ones (with no deaths). Since ghosts are created due to key inputs, you can simply work backwards from the ending star to the last time the rider touched each checkpoint. I drew a network to help explain this
    Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 3.46.03 PM.png

The blue/green/red lines is to represent the path that the rider travels through each checkpoint. This is what the ghost will look like with the current checkpoint system. The yellow line is what it will look like with the old checkpoint system. It starts from the finish and works backwards to each checkpoint. It only records the from the last time the rider touched the checkpoint.

idk, this is just my opinion. I hope this is somewhat helpful Char

zeke15, darksmoke11 and Whisk like this.
  4. Ishu

Ishu Well-Known Member Elite Author Official Author

Awarded Medals
    Most people want the old checkpoints because the ghosts look cooler/smoother and then ghosts are more focused on precision and speed (as opposed to the current system where ghosts focus more on consistency and you have to fear dying if you go too fast)

CIorox and Volund like this.
  5. Ultraviolet

Awarded Medals
    That's my point. With dual leaderboards, it will show which players have higher endurance and which players are the quickest at completing the track. It just seems like if we delete the current checkpoint system completely, players who are consistent and have high endurance won't get as much recognition.

Whisk, Lerd7, Eryp and 1 other person like this.
  6. Krypton

Krypton Well-Known Member

Two leaderboards is a great idea as anyone could be just as good as mudkip on tube tracks if we put in just the old system.

Ultraviolet likes this.
  7. Volund

Volund ithring VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    not really, the best ghosters will still be the best regardless of the cp system. in fact, you could argue it gives them another advantage, as they can work on going as fast as they can between each cp, rather than trying not to die throughout the entire track

gun, CIorox and Ishu like this.
  8. Whisk

Whisk Well-Known Member Official Author

Yeah I’m with you there. It will be quite weird though; ghosts that have been top ghosts for years will be beaten, for example most of the campaign tracks, hard long tracks, any kind of track really. Because you can play a segment of a track as much as you want, it will really throw off a lot of top ghosts. The wave of this next generation of ghosts will hit quite suddenly after implemented
    I mean consider featured speed ghosts... once the old cps come back, most of them will not last long

Volund and Osiris like this.
  9. Ultraviolet

Awarded Medals
    It kind of depends on your playing style. Everyone has different amounts of speed and endurance.
    I guess the main thing to do now is to wait and see how this will turn out ;)

10. XYZmystery

XYZmystery Active Member Official Author

Campaigns on the app

11. Reborn

Reborn Well-Known Member Official Author Rotten Flesh

Awarded Medals
    Every time you post it pisses me off.

Slayed, Smuckers, CityShep and 3 others like this.
  12. XYZmystery

XYZmystery Active Member Official Author

Campaigns on the app

AndrewVaughn, octo, Maple and 2 others like this.
  13. Reborn

Reborn Well-Known Member Official Author Rotten Flesh

Awarded Medals
    :mad::mad::mad:

Maple, Max007x, Smuckers and 7 others like this.
  14. RyanDwyer

RyanDwyer Active Member Official Author

15. zeke15

zeke15 Well-Known Member Official Author

Awarded Medals
    I think this is actually a briallant idea. You can keep both ghosts this way. One ghost would be the regular ghost as we see them now, with each death of the rider and restart at checkpoints, but there would also be a "seamless" ghost that was generated from working backward as you stated. The regular ghost would count for the leaderboard time, so that riders who played well still receive credit for their consistency and endurance, but there would be seamless ghosts available for replay so that you could watch fluid runs of the track without any deaths.

Ultraviolet and Whisk like this.
  16. DietFood

DietFood Well-Known Member Official Author

I know why that they haven't yet. Sure, it might save time, but it would be used too much, and then not be interesting anymore. The mods probably don't want that happening.

17. Nicholas-Opuni

Nicholas-Opuni Well-Known Member Official Author

That, including the glider, literally, must be both implemented and experimented, in such reality, to make FRHD a lot more than a simple, augmented bike game.

Volund likes this.