1. Hey Guest, the full FRHD All-Time Top 100 Ghosters 2023 Edition is out now

Click here to check it out.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Miniature Circle 2024 Contest - Click here to check it out!

Hey Guest, the announcement post for the Miniature Circle 2024 Contest, a trackmaking contest hosted by Elibloodthirst, is out. Go check it out if you are interested!
    Dismiss Notice

Update Upcoming Web Refresh

Discussion in 'Game changes and Updates' started by Eric, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Cipher

Cipher Active Member Official Author

I'll be waiting around for fre

2. Phase

Phase Well-Known Member Official Author

Fre?

cctvcctvcctv likes this.
  3. Cipher

Cipher Active Member Official Author

Free rider elite. But i Could just try to get on bhr.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  4. betawolf_2

betawolf_2 Active Member

Honestly this update is garbage. This looks like a five year old designed it Eric. Either get rid of it or add an option to switch back to the old style.
    Eric

5. Phase

Did Eric even listen to us when we said the web refresh looked like sh*

cctvcctvcctv likes this.
  6. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member Administrator Forum Moderator Official Author

Hey all - thanks for the feedback.

I know this is a HUGE change. In my experience, any layout change or color change or control change or mechanic change, is immediately met with negativity. That being said I am reading and collecting feedback with an open mind.

All issues in this thread will be addressed and we will get fixes out this morning. If there are any functional issues broken that will be our first priority.

While we did make a few site navigation changes (shop, leaderboard, notifications) have been move off of the main menu for example. Majority of the changes was swapping out some text with a comic style text which we feel fits the Free Rider brand better than the font that was used previously. Collecting feedback first impressions on FRHD over the years was that the site is too grey / black which is why we wanted to try testing a blue theme.

Please give it a couple days to see how you adjust to the change. Again, we will be reading all feedback with an open mind. All functional issues will be prioritized over others.

Skeeny, Skrampt, E12 and 2 others like this.
  7. Eric

Thanks, will get that one fixed. Also, notification alert is disappearing on screen changes.

8. Eric

Hmm - OK I see what is going on. We will get that fixed ASAP. Thanks for noting that!

9. Eric

On any specific text AidanRocketManCan

10. Eric

DeathBob1 what do you mean remove ads on the left hand bar?

11. Phase

Eric where is the leaderboard?

cctvcctvcctv likes this.
  12. Phase

And shouldn't the forums match Free Rider?

cctvcctvcctv likes this.
  13. Eric

It is on the home page carousel 5th one over

14. spruce

spruce Dumptruck VIP Official Author

Awarded Medals
    eeewwwwww

15. Eric

What aspects are you referring to CityShep?

16. BourbonPunch

BourbonPunch Active Member Official Author

What Happened to the Font on Notifications? i can hardly see... but its improving[not really] but i got used to the new web refresh

17. pnguy

pnguy Well-Known Member Official Author

I like the revamp, but everything seems smaller(or is everything so big that the view looks small?)
    Personally, I'm not fond of gradients, but I do know that there are people that do, so I think that's fine
    the only thing that's bugging me is that the font for the site feels wierd and doesn't fit the main frhd logo at the top. One is really angular and blocky, while the other is curvacious and funky.

Is there any way to implement a theme kind of thing that relies on cookies, where you can switch between the two designs?
    edit: Apparently not

18. pnguy

Also this white space sets me off. maybe ads go here? (I don't use adblock so idunno what's up ok.PNG )

19. BourbonPunch

BourbonPunch Active Member Official Author

I already asked and they cant do it

20. pnguy

You know why? I'm curious